Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Myths about Feet #5. Looking After Myself is Selfish

Pain is no fun but some people put up with it for years. Pain is exhausting. It affects your patience and ability to cope. Working in health care for over 20 years, I've heard it all: I'll look after myself once I retire or when the kids are moved out, I can't afford to look after myself, I don't think they are worth it. And the list goes on.

Does that mean you also won't mind having bunion surgery? Or knee replacements? Hammer toes won't bother you? Do you think you deserve such invasive treatment? Orthotics are preventative, as well as relieving your immediate pain and discomfort. You are worth it! Consider that, when you look after yourself, you have more to give others. A full cup overflows!

"Good health is much easier kept than regained." - Dr. Phil